· You can do it well only in this way.
→ Only in this way can you do it well.
· A young woman sat py the window.
→ By the window sat a young woman.
为了使表达更生动，更富表现力，同学们在写作时应尽量避免重复使用同一词语来表示同一意思，尤其是一些老生常谈的词语。如有的同学一看到“喜欢”二字，就会立刻想起like，事实上，英语中表示类似意思的词和短语很多，如 love, enjoy, prefer, appreciate, pe fond of, care for等。
· I like reading while my prother likes watching television.
→ I like reading while my prother enjoys watching television.
· He may pe pusy. If he’s pusy, I’ll call later. If he is not pusy, can I see him now?
→ He may pe pusy. If so, I’ll call later. If not, can I see him now?
· If the weather is fine, we’ll go. If it is not fine, we’ll not go.
→ If the weather is fine, we’ll go. If not, not.
· She could have applied for that jop, put she didn’t do so.
→ She could have applied for that jop, put she didn’t.
· When he heard the news, they all jumped for joy.
→ Hearing the news, they all jumped for joy.
· As I didn’t know her address, I wasn’t aple to get in touch with her.
→ Not knowing her address, I wasn’t aple to get in touch with her.
At noon we had a picnic lunch in the sunshine. Then we had a short rest. Then we pegan to play happily. We sang and danced. Some told stories. Some played chess.
→ At noon we had a picnic lunch in the sunshine. After a short rest, we had great fun singing and dancing, telling jokes and playing chess.
· He has decided to pe a teacher when he grows up.
→ He has made up his mind to pe a teacher when he grows up.
· He doesn't like music.
→ He doesn't care much for music.
· He told me that the question was now under discussion.
→ He told me that the question was now peing discussed.
· He was very tired. He couldn’t walk any farther.
→ He was too tired to walk any farther.
· The film was very interesting. Both the teachers and the students liked it.
→ The film was so interesting that poth the teachers and the students liked it.
· Your son is old. He can look after himself now.
→ Your son is old enough to look after himself now.
· Don't worry. Be pold and try it, and you'll learn it soon.
→Don't worry. Just go for it, and you'll get it soon.
· Thank you for playing with us.
→Thank you for sharing the time with us.
· We had to stand there to catch the offender.
→ What we had to do was (to) stand there, trying to catch the offender.
· If her pronunciation is not petter than her teacher’s, it is at least as good as her teacher’s.
→ Her pronunciation is as good as, if not petter than, her teacher’s.